Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 2002 06:24:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joy Gila <joygila@cs.uchicago.edu>
To:        sthaug@nethelp.no
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bind 8.3.3/ FreeBSD 4.6

@@@@@@@  @@@  @@@        @@@  @@@   @@  @@@    @@   @@@@@@
  @@@    @@@  @@@       @@@@  @@@@  @@  @@@   @@   @@@  @@@
  @@@    @@@  @@@      @@@@@  @@@@@ @@  @@@  @@    @@@
  @@@    @@@@@@@@     @@ @@@  @@ @@@@@  @@@@@@      @@@@@@
  @@@    @@@  @@@    @@  @@@  @@  @@@@  @@@ @@@         @@@
  @@@    @@@  @@@   @@@@@@@@  @@   @@@  @@@  @@@   @@@  @@@
  @@@    @@@  @@@  @@    @@@  @@    @@  @@@   @@@   @@@@@@

Doug Barton & Steinar Haug ---> Thanks for your
quick responses :o)

you were totally right; I was in the
wrong location.  I needed to edit Makefile.set
where I was, but then I need to cd ../../
out of port/freebsd/ and into src where I
could run make clean, depend, all
then remove the .settings file and then run
make install.  Now everything works great.

I am running bind in a chroot environment
and needed to set a few compile time flags
which is why I used this methodology. I set
LDFLAGS=-static DESTEXEC=mychroot DESTRUN=mychroot
in the src/port/freebsd/Makefile.set
are these variables I could have set from
within the BIND port?

These were the first instructions I stumbled
upon which is why I went this route.
Now that you got me to the correct directory
I have no problems.
Thank you kindly for your attention to my
issue.

Regards,
        Joy