Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 1998 17:21:20 -0800
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@bigfoot.com>
To:        unclegene@iname.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: recovery questions

At 04:55 PM 3/1/98 -0800, Gene Cristofor wrote:
>1) All my BSD files are OK, is there any way to get the boot info
>from BSD, capture it into a file on the C: drive and add a new
>menu entry to NTLDR by editing the BOOT.INI file to point to the
>BSD boot info?
>
>2) Failing that, is there a procedure to recover the BSD EasyLoader
>to replace the NTLDR without having to reinstall the whole BSD?
>
>Would appreciate pointers to some writeups, or the cookbook of
>somebody who already done this...

Following links in the FreeBSD FAQ, I got the NTLDR Hacking Guide, which
explains how to boot Win95, WinNT, and Linux, but the Linux instructions
look like they'll work with FreeBSD.

http://www.dorsai.org/~dcl/publications/NTLDR_Hacking/
--Ludwig Pummer
ludwigp@bigfoot.com   ICQ UIN: 692441   http://chipweb.home.ml.org