Date:      Fri, 24 Nov 2000 01:13:38 -0800
From:      Boris <koester@x-itec.de>
To:        "T.K C.Chua" <chewchua@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mailserver

Hello T.K,

TKCC> 1. I'm not quite clear the mailserver is setup or not at server,
TKCC>    so, how do I check?

Telnet on port 25 of the server or port 109/110 if there is no reply,
no mailserver is enabled

TKCC> 3. What is mx-record?

A mx-record is an entry in a dns server. If i want to send mail to
www.domain.com for example, we need to know where to send the mail to
this domain, so we are looking at the mx-record to see where to send
to (internally).

TKCC> I'm new in FreeBSD but getting alot document to help me out.

Maybe you should buy some books about DNS and Sendmail as well as some
books about routing.

--
Best regards,
 Boris                            mailto:koester@x-itec.de