Date:      Thu, 01 May 1997 19:50:50 -0700
From:      Hara_Kiri <dpang01@hills.ccsf.cc.ca.us>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Help : FreeBSD + Win95

Hi,

I'm having a problem setting up FreeBSD for use on a system that's also
running Win95...After the screen where you enable/disable devices, I
came to a blank screen, with only a cursor at the top left corner of the
screen.  The printer kicked in, but otherwise the entire system came to
a halt (even ctrl+alt+delete didn't work.) I have a Mach64 card, so I
disabled sio0, sio1, sio2, and sio3.  It still didn't work.

I'm trying to install from a DOS partition ( C:/freebsd/bin specifically
), and I chose the Novice Installation.  The installation stopped (
after I installed the boot manager and set up the FreeBSD partition)
telling me that I didn't have a root partition specified, and that I
would have to use the label manager to set it as /.

Also : I've tried using install.bat from the CD-Rom, and I got this:

Booting @ 0x100000
Sorry, can't allocate enough memory!

Also, I tried using setup.exe, and chose "Prepare DOS Partition
Install". After specifying what packages to include, I got this:

BIN.INF : Permission Denied

After both of these failed, I went ahead and made a bootdisk, which
brings me to where I am now.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. :-)

- Hara_kiri