Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:48:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Shawn Barnhart <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        "questions@freebsd.org" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Samba updates into STABLE?

On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Shawn Barnhart wrote:

> How long does it generally take for updates to Samba to make it into the
> stable tree?

	-Stable and -Current refer to the base system sources, not the
ports, where samaba is.

> >From what I can tell, RELENG_30 still has 2.0.6 and I'm looking for 2.0.7 to
> fix some Win2k problems.

	Given that 2.0.7 was JUST released, give it a little time,
eh? :) How soon a given port is updated depends on the maintainer of that
port. You might want to subscribe to cvs-all for a while till you see the
update, then cvsup your ports tree.

Good luck,

Doug
--
Excess on occasion is exhilarating.  It prevents moderation from
acquiring the deadening effect of a habit.