Date:      Sat, 25 Oct 1997 12:22:30 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@mina.sr.hp.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Shawn Ramsey <shawn@luke.cpl.net>
Subject:   Re: 48 meg double fault moved to 64 meg in 2.2.5

> I tried booting as well, from my 64MB PC. Worked great. Too bad this box
> has only one hard drive with a 4.3GB Fat32 partition. :( Anyone know of a
> utility to convert FAT32 to FAT, w/o losing data?

     If you don't mind a commercial MSDOS/Win95-based solution (I don't
know of any free ones), check out Power Quest's PartitionMagic:

	http://www.powerquest.com/products/partitionmagic/index.html

It's not immediately obvious from the above page, but PartitionMagic
will convert (between FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, & HPFS), move, and/or resize
partitions/logical drives.  [ Yes, I know about FIPS, but FIPS doesn't
convert, which is what the original poster asked. ]

     At $65, it's not particularly cheap, although I think there is a
$15 rebate still going on.  I used it to convert from FAT16 to FAT32
(the opposite of what you want), and it worked quite nicely.

[ You can even use PartitionMagic to view Linux Ext2 partition
information, although that's all you can do with an Ext2 partition
(e.g., you can't move or resize it). ]

     -- Darryl Okahata
	Internet: darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.