Date:      Thu, 1 Jun 2000 07:56:15 -0500
From:      "Doug Poland" <dpoland@execpc.com>
To:        "Danny" <dannyh@idx.com.au>, <brennan@offwhite.net>
Cc:        "ListServer FreeBSD Questions" <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: tar to ftp site

Unfortunately, this is the only Unix box on the network
and I do not have administrator access to Novell.  My
FreeBSD box is kind of a rogue server in a hostile
Novell/WinNT environment.

Someone suggested wget from the ports collection.  I'll
try that.  Otherwise, I've decided to write a script
that tar's "bite-sized" chunks of my file system to
files, then ftp those files to remote WinNT machines
for safe keeping.

Not the best backup scheme in the world.  Maybe I can
convince them to buy a tape backup for a couple
hundred bucks?

--
Doug