Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:58:56 -0800
From:      Andrew Konstantinov <andrei@kableu.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Cannot start adsl!

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

On Thu, Jan 27, 2005 at 11:45:33AM +0800, qq qq wrote:
> Hello,everybody.
> The first ,thank you for you help!
> bsd 5.3-release. pci :Realtek RTL8139/810x.adsl /2m
> When I follow handbook,/etc/ppp/ppp.conf is ok .it something wrong likes =
this:
> =20
> #ppp -ddial adsl
> working in ddial mode
> using interface:tun0
>=20
> #ppp -ddial adsl
> working in ddial mode
> using interface:tun1
>=20
> #ppp -ddial adsl
> working in ddial mode
> using interface:tun2
>=20
> #ppp -ddial adsl
> warnning:no available tunnel devices found (no such file or director)
> =20
> #cd /dev
> #sh MAKEDEV tun0
> it is nothing.
> I am a new user.I have spent on it two days.

Is there any particular reason why you need to perform "ppp -ddial adsl"
command multiple times? Just put:

ppp_enable=3D"YES"
ppp_mode=3D"ddial"
ppp_profile=3D"adsl"

into your /etc/rc.conf file. That should setup adsl connection at the boot =
time
and then in case if it gets dropped, reinitialize it.

Andrew

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--