Date:      Thu, 2 Jan 1997 18:52:24 -0700 (MST)
From:      Ade Barkah <mbarkah@hemi.com>
To:        mrcpu@cdsnet.net (Jaye Mathisen)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Funky antics to retrive lsof.

> I'm not sure it's good netizenship to go from the US to Germany to
> Australia to Japan to attempt to retrieve a file, when just jumping from
> the main archive to wcarchive seems much simpler, and nicer to the worlds
> loaded links.

Wcarchive (as far as I know) does not officially mirror lsof. For
"security" tools like lsof, it's best to stick to official mirror
sites.

> >> lsof_3.82_W.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist on this system.
          ^^^^
The above needs to be fixed. Lsof 3.82 has been replaced by 3.83.
Jaye, just get it directly. Lsof has native support for FreeBSD
1.x, 2.x, and even 3.x (new in 3.83) =-)

Regards,

-Ade
Inet: mbarkah@hemi.com - HEMISPHERE ONLINE - <http://www.hemi.com/>;