Date:      Sun, 13 Dec 1998 20:15:34 +0900
From:      K Ueda <kueda@jupiter.qse.tohoku.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fixit image for 2.2.8

Hi folks,

I made two floppy disks of boot.flp and fixit.flp for 2.2.8R and tried
to run shell in fixit mode using them.  When I choose "Fixit" menu and
then (2) ("Floppy...."), a message came out to insert a writable fixit
floppy.  I did so, but nothing came out in VTY4 screen.  Pressing
Alt+F2, some following debug(?) messages were displayed:

  DEBUG: Init floppy called for some distribution.
  mountmsdosfs(): bad bpb
  DEBUG: initFloppy: mounted floppy /dev/fd0 successfully on /mnt2

Those image files have correct MD5 values.

Has anybody succeeded it? Or any commnet?

Thanks in advance.

--
Kazukiyo Ueda
Faculty of Engineering