Date:        Wed, 30 May 2001 11:34:04 +0200
From:      Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
To:        Keith Spencer <bsd2000au@yahoo.com.au>
Cc:        fbsd <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can I install a trident card in my 815 Intel machine for X ?

Keith Spencer wrote:

> I have an 815 chipset celeron machine with FBSD 4.2
>  and I want to install X windows...it seems near
> impossible if not very problematic according to this
> list.

I've two i815 up and running FreeBSD 4.3 stabel with X11 whitout any problem!

Use XFree86-4.xx and add 'device  agp'  to your kernel rebuld and install it and
all should be working fine.

The only 'problem' might be packages expecting XFree86-3.X to be installed.
To solve this copy recursive the dir /var/db/pkg/XFree86-4.X to
/var/db/pkg/XFree86-3.X

Good Luck
Arjan