Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 14:06:00 +0200 (SAT)
From:      John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cx(4) anybody?

> is anybody using the cx(4) (Cronyx HDLC) driver, together with sync
> PPP?

It is also being used by the Arnet/Digi SYNC570i ar(4) and SDL RISCom/N2
sr(4) cards. I do have both cards here so I can test it.

> Before you're asking: the sppp layer has a clear API towards the HDLC
> layer, and ISDN is basically in the same boat as the cx(4) hardware
> HDLC here, so this makes sppp much more attractive than the existing
> (async) kernel ppp.  I've already got it talk LCP (though they still
> don't negotiate successfully), and this was with about one day of
> work.

I would be interrested in the ISDN stuff too, if it is for a card that
I can get here in South Africa.... and if it will work with our telco.
:-/

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay@mikom.csir.co.za