Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:13:36 -0700
From:      Arun Sharma <arun@sharmas.dhs.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   konqueror, kjas, XFree86 4.0.1 window swallow problem

>From: arun-public@sharmas.dhs.org (Arun Sharma)
Newsgroups: comp.windows.x.kde

I was getting a gray window where I should've been seeing the
java applet. Everything else seemed normal - the java process
was there, debug messages looked fine, but no applet.

Suspicious about my XFree86 version, I ran the same konqueror binary
to display on a VNC server running on a different box. This
time the swallow didn't happen, but I could see the applet in
an external window, displaying exactly what it should.

Is this a known problem ? Any solutions ?
I'm on:

FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE
XFree86 - 4.0.1
$ pkg_info -xI kde
kdebase-2.1.1       Base modules for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdelibs-2.1.2       Libraries for KDE2
kdemultimedia-2.1.1 Utilities for the KDE integrated X11 desktop
kdenetwork-2.1.1    Network modules for KDE2
kdesupport-2.1      Mime and UUENCODE/DECODE libraries for the KDE
integrated X

        -Arun