Date:      Thu, 27 Apr 2000 02:45:13 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        "W. Wang" <m75131@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: General question

> I came across an article and was very interested in FreeBSD.  This may sound
> like a very stupid question, but if I were to install FreeBSD, does this
> allow me to communicate with the mass BSD serverfarm and serve up my web
> site for free???

I'm not quite sure where that "mass BSD serverfarm" bit comes in, but
if your machine has a permanent IP address and domain name and is
connected permanently to the internet (or at least long enough for
your needs), you can set up your web site on your own machine.
Whether it's for "free" depends on your deal with your ISP, I suppose.