Date:      Wed, 20 May 1998 10:41:30 -0500
From:      "David L. Aldridge" <dlac@aldridge.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Virtual Hosts

This question has been asked many times in the archives, but I have
not been successful in finding an answer.

I have virtual ip's on my system.

My problem is that I can't reach the virtual IP's from the machine
itself.  When trying to connect from other hosts, it works!

I can reach the server from other boxes on the network and the
world, but can't lynx, traceroute, or ping them from the server
itself.

I have bound the IP addresses to the interface, configured DNS
to advertise each name on a different IP address, and configured
the web,ftp, etc. software to correlate the host to the IP address mapping and
use different document trees.

It worked prior to a recent upgrade to 2.2.6.

I would appriciate any light.
Regards
Dave

--
David L. Aldridge
The Aldridge Company 281.368.0166 (fax: 281.368.0381)