Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 20:29:42 +0200
From:      "Modestas" <modestas@ignera.lt>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   vinum problems - help urgently needed

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C096C4.DCC8FDD0

After replacing the motherboard I have started the server and sytem =
stopped saying that vinum volume is crashed. I have noticed that one of =
my IDE connectors wan't connected. After conecting the drive and =
starting vinum said that one of plexes is faulty another is crashed. I =
have started both plexes manually. 1st plex has started succesfully, =
another revived and started also. Now I'm not able to run fsck on vinum =
volume - it says :

** /dev/vinum/ignera
BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST =
ALTERNATE
/dev/vinum/vinum0: INCOMPLETE LABEL: type 4.2BSD fsize 1024, frag 8, cpg =
0, size 39034880

Previously whole system was working succesfully appr. 10 months.=20

System FreeBSD 4.2 stable, compiled from sources.

Any help will be appreciated. All the data and backups of data are in =
the vinum volume, so there are no ways for recovery.

Modestas Gelazius

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C096C4.DCC8FDD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>After replacing the motherboard I have =
started the=20
server and sytem stopped saying that vinum volume is crashed. I have =
noticed=20
that one of my IDE connectors wan't connected. After conecting the drive =
and=20
starting vinum said that one of plexes is faulty another is crashed. I =
have=20
started&nbsp;both plexes manually. 1st plex has started succesfully, =
another=20
revived and started also. Now I'm not able to run fsck on vinum volume - =
it says=20
:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>** /dev/vinum/ignera</DIV>
<DIV>BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST =

ALTERNATE<BR>/dev/vinum/vinum0: INCOMPLETE LABEL: type 4.2BSD fsize =
1024, frag=20
8, cpg 0, size 39034880</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Previously whole system was working =
succesfully=20
appr. 10 months. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>System FreeBSD 4.2 stable, compiled =
from=20
sources.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Any help will be appreciated. All the data and backups of data are =
in the=20
vinum volume, so there are no ways for recovery.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Modestas Gelazius</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C096C4.DCC8FDD0--