Date:      Fri, 03 Aug 2001 10:07:36 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: USB question

In message <200108031110.f73BApB01043@mass.dis.org> Mike Smith writes:
: > I was attempting to install my new MS optical Intellimouse on the USB port
: > instead of the PS/2 port, but I am getting the following when I do a 'dmesg'
: > after recompliing my kernel with the correct usb drivers:
: >
: > uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> at device 7.2 on pci0
: > uhci0: Invalid irq 255
: > uhci0: Please switch on USB support and switch PNP-OS to 'No' in BIOS
: >
: > PNP is turned off in the bios, and the intellimouse works on the USB port in
: > when I'm changing the bios (so I know it's not hardware)
:
: You're stuffed until Warner gets the PCI interrupt routing code into
: -stable.  Welcome to the Plug and Play universe. 8/

And to be honest, I'm only targeting i386/pc98 without complex
bridging.  Hmmm, gotta try to alpha to make sure that I've not broken
anything.

Warner