Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 01:01:28 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        Eivind Eklund <eivind@yes.no>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3C905

well on the ethernet card there writes 3c905-tx
I guess it is not 3c905b...
also when I use the same card in a new installation session it works...
and also the utility of the ethernet card says that it works

when I try to look at man vx it says

The vx driver provides support for the 3Com 3c590 and 3c595 EtherLink III
     and Fast EtherLink III PCI Ethernet cards in 10 Mbps mode.  The
     medium selection can be influenced by the following link flags to the
     ifconfig(8) command:

well do this means that I can't use that ethernet card at 100 Mbps?

at startup it says

vx0 <3COM 3C905 Fast Etherlink XL PCI> rev 0 int a irq 11 on pci0:11:0
mii[*mii*]: disable 'auto select' with DOS util! address 00:60:08:50:ae:5e

but I guess this does not mean that it is not working...
because when I install FreeBSD on a new machine it says the same when
it is booting up but then the ethernet card works...

and the setup utility of the ethernet card does not let me change anything
including the irq and the address...