Date:      Thu, 18 Feb 99 13:35:38 -0500
From:      rhughes@anteon.com
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Mouse problems with X-Windows

I recently installed FreeBSD 3.0 on a new Gateway ALR 7200 server; runs *great*
BUT, the mouse acts
screwy in X-Windows.  The mouse is recognized and is active, but rather than
moving around the screen in a sane fashion it jumps around when it is moved *at
all* and generally screws stuff up.
I've tried running it with and without moused with Microsoft, IntelliMouse, and
SysMouse protocols.  I've modified the resolution.
I also had to reset the device flags on psm0 to correct a bunch of "psmintr"
errors.

The mouse itself is one of the two button variety with a roller.  The connection
is via a PS/2 port (/dev/psm0)

Is this a release 3.0 problem?  I have an older server that runs fine; it has a
serial mouse, though.

If anyone has run into this, please let me know the fix.
Also, CC any replies to my email address as I don't generally subscribe to the
mailing list.

Many thanks for the help!
Regards,

Ralph Hughes            rhughes@anteon.com