Date:      Mon, 02 Aug 1999 22:36:38 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        davec@unforgettable.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12901: New Port (slightly revised): Code Crusader and Code Medic

Dave writes:
>> I took a look at this and it has numerous problems:
>> 1) it does not pass portlint
>
>Yeah it gave me warnings and no fatal errors.  I corrected as many as I could,
>but was left with two warnings which I could not resolve, and didn't think
>possible to resolve.
>     WARN: "MASTER_SITES" has to appear earlier in Makefile.
>     WARN: "DISTFILES" has to appear earlier in Makefile.
>These were refering to the MASTER_SITES += and DISTFILES += within the if
>statement for Code Medic.  Should the user choose not to compile the gdb
>frontend with Code Crusader, these two lines would not be executed.  Unless
>there's a better method?

here's how I fixed it (NOT a diff !!)

MASTER_SITES=   \
                ftp://ftp.its.caltech.edu/pub/jafl/programs/jcc/source/ \
                ftp://ftp.its.caltech.edu/pub/jafl/jx/source-1.5.2/ \
                ${CM_MASTER_SITES}
DISTFILES=      \
                code_crusader_source-2.1.3.tar.gz \
                JTree_source-1.1.5.tar.gz \
                JX_source-1.5.2.tar.gz \
                JToolBar_source-0.5.3.tar.gz \
                ${CM_DISTFILES}
.
.
pre-fetch:
        @ ${ECHO_MSG}
.
.
        @ ${ECHO_MSG} Installing into ${PREFIX}
        @ ${ECHO_MSG}
CM_MASTER_SITES= ftp://ftp.cco.caltech.edu/pub/glenn/Medic/source/ \
                ftp://ftp.cco.caltech.edu/pub/glenn/Arrow/source/
CM_DISTFILES=    Code_Medic_source-1.0.3.tar.gz \
                JSearch_source-0.5.6.tar.gz

portlint also complained about overlong lines in DESCR, and it's right.
Some lines were > 80 characters long.

>> 3) patch-aa and patch-ac did not apply correctly
>
>patch-aa has been updated and works now. However I did not touch patch-ac, an
>it applied successfully without problems here after a make distclean; make
>patch.

well, I had a problem when making from scratch. After applying the
patches by hand and generating a new diff it worked. I suspect that
something went wrong with the patches in the shar.

>> 4) patch-aa has /usr/local hard coded into it, should be $PREFIX
>> after correcting these problems locally jcc core dumps. I also noticed
>> that a $PREFIX/bin/ctags gets installed. This conflicts with the
>> standard /usr/bin/ctags.
>
>Hmm.  I had not realize ctags came install with FreeBSD.  I've now taken it ou
>of the Code Crusader compile.  And is submitting another send-pr.  I haven't
>had jcc core dumped on me yet, and I've been using it since April on
>4.0-CURRENT.  Could you try the new shar archive and let me know what happens?

OK. I made this whole mess several months ago w/o a port and it worked fine,
so I was rather surprised that jcc dumped core on me. When I did a ``make
deinstall'' it also complained that bin/medic wasn't there, although it
should have been.

---
Gary Jennejohn
Home - garyj@muc.de