Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:33:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, "Eugene M. Kim" <ab@astralblue.net>
Subject:   Re: ftpd weirdness; CWD/RETR/... handles {} specially?

Eugene M. Kim <ab@astralblue.net> wrote:
 > It depends on the case; in my situation, I'm mirroring quite a large
 > collection of files whose names are just wild, i.e. all sorts of special
 > characters embedded, some of them being shell metacharacters.

Note that shell globbing is only performed on LIST.
I just tried -- CWD and RETR don't expand them.

If mirror has a problem mirroring such files with meta-
characters, then mirror has a bug.  It works fine using
omi (ports/ftp/omi).

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  Please DO NOT continue to ignore my Reply-To headers.
Send to the list, not to myself.  Thanks.