Date:      Thu, 4 Feb 1999 10:02:24 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        root@isis.dynip.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Greg Lehey's Brains WANTED :-]

I'm sure there are better ways but:
$ find . -exec file {} \; |grep "FreeBSD"

I don't have ELF yet so I don't know what
the file output of an ELF is but a.out is:
FreeBSD/i386 compact demand paged dynamically linked executable

(ok, well that also varies a bit, with striping etc).
But find the differences between the outputs
and run from there.

In a previous message, root@isis.dynip.com said:
> Hi there,
> Greg & the Gang,
> I am currently Nuking aout stuff from my system, and reinstalling the
> ports, etc.  I need some script to traverse the whole system searching
> for aout libs, and binaries, and write their path to a file so I can
> figure out where they are burried.
> Please help.
> Thanks
> --
> - MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU.                                ~o  .^.

  Cold-hearted orb that rules the night
     Removes the colors from our sight
     Red is gray, and yellow white
     But we decide which is right