Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:23:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Haikal Saadh <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache/pam

Hi,
I'm trying to get apache to authenticate requests with
pam, and I'm not having any luck. I've got DSO support
enabled as shown by httpd -l.

I have tried installing manually, as well as thru the
port, but both times I get the same result.

Oh, and I am prompted for a username/password when
trying to view the page with a browser.

Any ideas why?

httpd-error.log says:-->

[Tue Jan 29 14:38:48 2002] [error] (2)No such file or
directory: access to /stats failed for 192.168.1.162,
reason: Module is unknown
<--

Snip from /etc/pam.conf: -->
#apache authentication
httpd   auth    required        pam_unix.so
httpd   account required        pam_unix.so

# If we don't match anything else, default to using
getpwnam().
other   auth    required        pam_unix.so
         try_first_pass
other   account required        pam_unix.so
         try_first_pass
<--

And snips from httpd.conf -->

#*snip*