Date:      Sat, 17 Oct 1998 06:00:58 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Steven P. Donegan" <donegan@quick.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: softupdates/smp

On Sat, 17 Oct 1998, Chuck Robey wrote:

> Keeping one rabbit's foot quite handy.

I'd rather not take up too much of the lists time on this - so my
question is who is actively working on softupdates? My system(s) are Tyan
Tomcat's - one a dual 133 with 256 meg RAM and the other a dual 233 with
256 meg, both have kernels stripped to the bone (ie no drivers in the
kernel that are not needed) different drivers/boards on the two systems
(ie nothing else really in common hardware-wise). Both panic, according
to DDB, in softupdates code immediately after going SMP and tunefs -n enable.

A long time back softupdates worked OK (somewhat) unless I did the make
-j anything thing :-) Now it's a nice hard failure :-)