Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2003 11:58:31 +1000
From:      "-|- Hurgh -|-" <hurgh@oxley.vic.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is This Supported?

Hi,

Just joined the list today, so sorry if this is the wrong place to post =
this message, but it seemed like the one it should go in.

Ok. I have a Laptop that i want to setup as a Wireless access point. I =
have 2 PCMCIA slots in it and am going to use one for the wireless card =
and the other for a network card (there is no inbuilt network port).

The wireless card works fine, and i have no problems setting that up and =
getting that to work, but as for the network card i can not get it to =
work.

It is an Alloy card, i am not sure of the chipset, but from my searches =
on the net it seemes it is just a clone ne2000 card. When i insert it =
into the laptop it says that the card is not found, and does nothing.

Now the problem is that i need to use this card to install FreeBSD on =
the laptop but it does not seem to load during the boot, even though all =
the lights that are ment to come on, work.

Here is a link to the card:
http://www.alloy.com.au/products/6305m.htm

If anyone can let me know if this is supported or if there is some =
driver that i can load after i have booted of the floppy that would be =
great.

Some other information that you might want --=20
Installing FreeBSD 5.0
Doing an FTP Install
Booting from the kern.flp and the mfsroot.fpl images

.
Thanks for any help

-|- Hurgh -|-

PS: Sorry about the last post if it gets through, i used the wrong email =
address.