Date:      Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:53:05 -0700
From:      Kurtis Smith <ksscendyn@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ppp dialup with natd for Internet share newbie one...

4.0 Release Custome Kernel...

Hi,

Here goes my question again for you guru's and not so guru's that have
this setup and functioning for your small web servers and email servers.

I have gotten regular ppp to work just fine dial out and what not... I am
having a problem ever since I recompiled the kernel with pseudo device tun1.

here is my ppp.conf

1.  default:
2.
3.  #
4.  # blah blah blah  "device" references... blah blah
5.  #
6.
7.  set device /dev/cuaa1
8.  set log Phase Chat LCP IPCP CCP tun command
9.  set speed 115200
10. set dial "abort blah blah..."
11. set timeout
12. set ifaddr  10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0
13.add default HISADDR
14.enable dns
15.
16.papchap:
17.
18.PACBELL:
19.
20.set phone 956-4566
21.set authname test
22.set authkey 123456

this is what I do...

hotshoppe# ppp -auto PACBELL

working in auto mode
Using interface: tun0
Warning: Bad label in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf (line 21) -missing colon

... so on ... error again with date...

Now I do have DHCPD running on de0.  I also have ipfirewall and ipdivert in
kernel I try to load natd but it does not come up since there is no active
connection....

Can someone point me to a how to or give me some info dam starting to pull
hair out because I had it working fine earlier today now its 3pm already
heheh....

Mind you this worked as is just like this before I recompiled kernel and also
did not have ipdivert or ipfirewall or change psuedo device tun 1 instead
of blank.

Thanks,

-Kurt