Date:        Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:07:15 -0600
From:      "Shannon Wheeler" <swheeler@altech.ab.ca>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Virus after install?

Well.... I don't use booteasy. I'm using some other freebie boot manager.
Sure it would be nice if NAV would add the profiles for a few common boot
managers to its database though.
In the meantime, I have the BIOS bootsector protection turned on, decent
backups, and I install very little new software. Hey, it's possible that a
virus may sneak past but I'm willing to take the risk - that's why a lot of
us use unix isn't it? (highly configurable. Can't we ask the same thing of
Windows Software Publishers?)

Shannon