Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 08:34:25 -0600 (CST)
From:      Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
To:        John Indra <john@office.naver.co.id>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multiple outbound interface...

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, John Indra wrote:

> Hi folks...

	Hello.

> This is slightly out of topic but it's still networking related, so I take
> the chance to ask it in this mailing list.
>
> I have one FreeBSD box. I plan to plug 3 NICs on it. They will be xl0, xl1,
> xl2. All three will get IPs from DHCP server, and it will a private IP
> (10.2.x.x). BTW, I plug one cable modem to each NIC. So the rough figure
> will be:
>
>                 +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
>                 |    The     |  |    The     |  |    The     |
>                 |  Internet  |  |  Internet  |  |  Internet  |
>                 +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
> Cable modem -->       |               |               |
>                 +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
>                 |    xl0     |  |    xl1     |  |    xl2     |
>                 | 10.2.210.3 |  | 10.2.209.4 |  | 10.2.208.5 |
>                 +------------+  +------------+  +------------+
>
>               +------------------------------------------------+
>                            One outbound connection
>
> The figure pretty much says what I try to make. I want to let the system
> knows that xl0, xl1, xl2 are available for outbound connection to the
> Internet, and if possible, treat them as one large virtual connection to the
> Internet.

	You might want to search the mail archives for Bill Paul's post of
	Fast Ethernet Channel.  I think the subject was port aggregation
	something or other.  It is a netgraph module that will pseudo bond
	ethernet ports together to make 1 connection.  It may or may not
	help you.  It depends on how your Ethernet is connected together
	and such.

Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>
- Sanitation Engineer, or might as well be.