Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 2002 09:40:37 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        Till Haselmann <ilpssun@web.de>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I configure my ISDN card?

Till Haselmann writes:
> 1) My ISDN card (AVM Fritz!card PCI) is not configured.  I know that the d
> river is somewhere on my harddisk but in the manual and docs on FreeBSD.or
> g I couldn't find any instructions on how to configure the ISDN interface
> correctly.  Could someone give me a short outline what I'll have to do or
> where to find info on that

First, try wrapping your lines at 70 characters.

Do you have the kernel sources under /usr/src/sys ? If not, install
them.

Then you need a kernel configuration file in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf.
You can probably start with GENERIC and modify it to suit your needs.

Is this a version 1 or 2 card ?
For version 1 add the following line to your kernel config: device ifpi
For version 2 similarly add: device "ifpi2" (the quotes are REQUIRED)

You then need the standard ISDN entries in your config file, which are
described in /usr/share/examples/isdn/KERNEL. You need at least the
stuff under ``protocol stack'' and ``control devices''. I recommend
browsing the files under /usr/share/examples/isdn.

> 2) Very easy question: how do I launch PPP at startup  Do I use /etc/rc.c
> onf ? If so, what do I need to enter there.

Yes. Look at the ppp_* entries, it should be pretty obvious what you need
to do.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@jennejohn.org gj@freebsd.org gj@denx.de