Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 14:56:28 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Vaio PCG-XG9 Problem

Steve Wills <steve@stevenwills.com> probably said:
> clipped/sluggish sound. I've discovered that setting the BIOS to non
> PnP OS solves this problem, but this causes the system to lock when
> the wireless card is inserted. Has anyone experienced this or might
> anyone have any ideas what is causing it or how I could solve it?

My guess would be that the irq or memory locations for the pcmcia
stuff you were using are now in use by devices that have been
configured by the bios.

Change the settings (and probably make sure you're using non-polling
for pcic).

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu