Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:20:15 GMT
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/75387: [ata] feature request: support of Promise SATAII150 TX4 wanted

The following reply was made to PR i386/75387; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren_Schmidt?= <sos@FreeBSD.ORG>
To: Mikhail Teterin <mi+mx@aldan.algebra.com>
Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.ORG, sebastian.holmqvist@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:12:47 +0100

 On 14/11/2005, at 21:44, Mikhail Teterin wrote:

 > My new SATA300 TX2plus is now working thanks to the very simple =20
 > trick found
 > at:
 >
 > http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hardware/2005-October/=20
 > 002893.html
 >
 > Just use `pciconf -lv' to find the card's ID (card=3D...) and add it =20=

 > to the
 > ata-driver's table cloning an entry, that is the closest match.
 >
 > Yes, it only makes it work at SATA150 speeds. But it is soo much =20
 > better, than
 > not work at all, that I'm happy. The disk is really a bottleneck =20
 > anyway.
 >
 > The PR is 13 months old now. That even the simple work-around patch =20=

 > is not in
 > the tree, is a bloody shame...
 >
 > 	-mi
 > <ata-id.diff>

 Hmm, in 6.0 and current the SATA2 promise chips are supported, =20
 however 3Gb is untested as I have no such equipment here. However, =20
 your chipid is unknown to me but you coud try to add it like the =20
 pdc40718/719 and let me know if that works.

 I'll ask promise about that chip, can you verify the chip type by =20
 reading whats printed on its back please ?

 S=F8ren Schmidt
 sos@FreeBSD.org