Date:      Thu, 16 Nov 2000 03:19:08 -0500
From:      "Batra, Lalit M" <batralm@jmu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, unix -jmu <geek@ruff.cs.jmu.edu>
Subject:   tcpdump: bad file format

HI!
I am doing some network experimenst(FREEBSD), Using
Tcpdump.I cannot convert the tcpdump "output.dmp" into
binary form so thatt i can use Tcptrace and then xplot to
see the packets.
Following are the steps which i am doing:-
1) tcpdump -i xl1 host 192.168.20.2 > output.dmp
2) tcpdump -r output.dmp
ERROR: bad dump file format.????
I have also tried -w option , same error.
:-> 192.168.20.2 is the host address in my network.
When i Do ctrl-c , it shows me how many packets captured
and droped by kernel.
ANy hints.I really need this urgently?

--
Batra, Lalit M