Date:      Thu, 7 Jan 1999 14:13:48 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        rsmyth@ebci.ca
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

In a previous message, Ryan Smyth said:
> How can I uninstall the FreeBSD boot manager incase I wish to use another boot manager?
>
> I'm want to do this because I have freebsd already installed, I'm trying to install
> nt after freebsd and half way through the install, nt install has to reboot, the
> freebsd has trouble with this and hangs, so I'm thinking I'm going to install the
> nt boot manager and try that.

Microsoft OSes have to exist in the first slice (fdisk) on the disk. It can't handle
things otherwise.  That's what I guess your problem is. You'll need to move freebsd
to the second, third or fourth slice and put NT on the first.

And you don't have to worry about uninstalling it. Microsoft automatically, and without
warning will delete your boot manager, when it installs one of it's OSes.

Keep repeating to yourself, "Microsoft knows best." Someday, someone will believe
it.

--
An aad may have made this posting invalid