Date:      Wed, 05 Apr 2000 19:18:42 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Consultant <consult9@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Unable to configure Kernel

Consultant wrote:

> > Ensure that the second IDE channel has been enabled in the CMOS setup.
>
> Will have to check the CMOS setting but I know it was working on the Win98
> setup but that means nothing.
>
> I have tried setting it as a slave and putting it on the primary channel
> will no luck

First of all, if you have a CDROM on ide 1, you don't have a matcd0
because that is something that is added on to the old sound cards
using a proprietary bus. You should have somethink like acd0c. You get
into trouble if the CDROM is a slave on the secondary controller. It
can't be a slave if it is the only drive. Some OS'es aren't particular
but FreeBSD is.

Kent

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA