Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 2000 14:23:49 -0500
From:      <jfb@visi.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   New system for FreeBSD -- pls advise

Hello, all,

I'm looking at getting a brand new box at home, and want to make sure
that I don't end up with components that will preclude me from using
my OS of choice.

Currently, my hardware selections are as follows:

AMD Athlon Thunderbird (950mhz)
Asus A7M motherboard (as yet unreleased)
512mb PC-133 ram (2x 256mb)
Voodoo5 5500 video
3Com 3c905b ethernet
Soundblaster Platinum Live sound card
Plextor EIDE CD-R

For the most part, this box'll be running postgres, emacs, and
perhaps several apache instances when I'm working, and will boot into
some filthy MICROS~1 gulag when I need to blow off a little steam
playing games.  I've never put intel hardware together before, so any
pointers from a FreeBSD perspective would be welcome.

Thanks in advance,
(jfb)

--
What a puny plan.