Date:      Sun, 4 Jul 1999 12:21:10 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux emulation

On Sat, 3 Jul 1999, Mike Smith wrote:

> > In the event that messing with /etc/rc.serial does the trick, does
> > anyone know of any ports that modify anything in /etc to use as an
> > example?  I'm not so sure that is an acceptable thing for a port to
> > do, but if it is, it would make things a lot easier.
>
> Don't.  You're writing a daemon, so you'll have a shellscript in
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d.  Everything that rc.serial does can be done by
> your shellscript...

After I looked at rc.serial I noticed that.  Thanks!

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For Intel x86 and Alpha architectures (SPARC under development).
   ( http://www.freebsd.org )

   "One should admire Windows users.  It takes a great deal of
    courage to trust Windows with your data."