Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 1997 18:32:42 +0100
From:      Lars Koeller <lkoeller@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        "Feiyi Wang" <fwang2@eos.ncsu.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: help with 2.1.5R

-------------

Hi!

Have a lock in the Handbook (http://www.de.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook.html),
 there is a section (15, 16) describing -stabel, -current, -RELEASE, and -SNAP
trees.

Why do you want to install 2.1.5 it's obsolete. The core team realized a lot
of bug fixing and elemination of security problems in 2.1.6, or better, the
soon coming 2.1.7-RELEASE!

In message <9702170920.ZM9203@eos.ncsu.edu>,
"Feiyi Wang" writes:

>Hi, folks,
>I am new in FreeBSD, I am now in hurry to looking for FreeBSD 2.1.5 Release,
>But It seems there is only 2.1.6 exist in all ftp sites. Also I am not clear
>what is relationship of 2.1.5 Release and stable version (even after FAQ) and
>how to install a stable one, the directory structure is quite different from
>2.1.6 Release.

Lars
Internet:                                       |  Lars Koeller
  Lars_Koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE      |  Department of Physics
  ftp://odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de             |  University of Rostock
PGP-key:                                        |  Germany
  http://www.nic.surfnet.nl/pgp/pks-toplev.html |

----------- FreeBSD, what else? ---- http://www.freebsd.org ------------