Date:      Sat, 21 Sep 1996 16:50:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kenneth McNicholas <mcnichok@UG.CS.SUNYSB.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sound

Help!!!

hi...
I still can't get my soundcard to get detected in FreeBSD.
I have a MediaVision Premium 3-D Soundcard which has the Jazz16
chipset.  It is 100% SB compatible, SBPro compatible.  It is
normally detected at 220h Irq 5, Dma 1, in MSDOS.  I have already
tried removing the "conflicts" statement and changing the IRQ and
adding the line "SBC_IRQ=5".  Still doesn't work...
Here is the sound section from my kernel:

controller      snd0
device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr allow_conflict
_irq allow_conflict_ioaddr
#options                "SBC_IRQ=5"
#device sbxvi0   at isa? drq 5
device sbmidi0  at isa? port 0x330 conflicts
device opl0     at isa? port 0x388 conflicts
device mpu0     at isa? port 0x330 irq 9 drq 0 conflicts
options         "jazz16"

****

Here is the section from sound_config.h:

#ifndef SBC_BASE
#define SBC_BASE        0x220   /* 0x220 is the factory default. */
#endif

#ifndef SBC_IRQ
/*#define SBC_IRQ       7 ORIGINAL IQR7 is the factory default.  */
#define SBC_IRQ         7
#endif

#ifndef SBC_DMA
#define SBC_DMA         1