Date:      Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:38:24 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        Katsuhiro Kondou <kondou@nec.co.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, inn-workers@isc.org
Subject:   Re: innstat problem still exists...

Does anyone recall what the fix is for this?  Basically, the problem is
that on a FreeBSD system, running INN, the following command just returns
an error:

%ctlinnd name ''
Can't send "name" command (short read failure) No such file or directory.

I swear there was a solution to this posted eons back, but can't find
it...

Thanks...

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998, Katsuhiro Kondou wrote:

> In article <Pine.BSF.4.05.9812142313570.6029-100000@thelab.hub.org>,
> 	The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> wrote;
>
> } 	'K, how does one fix? :(  I took a look through lib/inndcomm.c, at
> } the ICCcommand() function, which appears to be what is generating the
> } error, but nothing jumps out at me as a value that I can increase...
> :
> }   4083 ctlinnd  CALL  recvfrom(0x4,0x12000,0x1000,0,0,0)
> }   4083 ctlinnd  GIO   fd 4 read 35 bytes
> }        "0 Reply too long for server to send"
>
> I've just remembered that someone reported this some
> months ago, but forgot what should be.
> Your innd fails to send the response due to huge data.
> Maybe some other method, e.g. ctlinnd indicates output
> file and innd writes the result to it, might be one
> of solutions.
> --
> Katsuhiro Kondou

Marc G. Fournier