Date:      Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:08:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        synker <synker@sanyusan.se>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: procmail tips?

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998, synker wrote:

>Hi!
>
>First this is not a FreeBSD specific issue but I ask anyway.
>
>I am on several mailing lists, and since my mailbox is getting swamped
>I thought you maybe could help me or point me to a place for help.
>
>I never used procmail yet, so can any of you share a .procmailrc maybe?
>
>it would be nice to have like -questions, -current, cvs-all and so on in
>separately mailboxes.

I found that procmail made more sense by example. Search the net for "mail
filter faq" for some examples. One of my recipe files is included for your
use. You should make changes to fit your system.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/

# Author: Jason C. Wells
# January 26, 1998

# For filtering speed the lists that gets the most mail should go first.
# Procmail keeps parsing this list until it gets a hit and then performs the
# filter and goes to get the next message.

:0:
* ^Sender: .*questions@freebsd\.org
collections/incoming/FreeBSD-questions

:0: