Date:      Sun, 16 Mar 2008 01:43:26 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Vladimir Ch." <cctv.star@gmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: "Bus error: 10 (core dumped)" on FreeBSD 7.0

Did you recompile every program on your system after you upgraded to
7.0 or did you just assume that the 6.3 binaries would run unmodified?

See:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/7.0R/announce.html

"...Updating Existing Systems
An upgrade of any existing system to FreeBSD 7.0-RELEASE constitutes a major
version upgrade, so no matter which method you use to update an older system
you should reinstall any ports you have installed on the machine. This will
avoid binaries becoming linked to inconsistent sets of libraries when future
port upgrades rebuild one port but not others that link to it. This can be
done with:

# portupgrade -faP

after updating your system. Note some of the tools to help with this or the
instructions below for FreeBSD Update are not installed by default (e.g.
portupgrade, gpg, or similar tools like portmaster..."

Ted