Date:      Thu, 12 Oct 2006 14:29:49 +0700
From:      "Ivan Alexandrovich" <ivsan@ngs.ru>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ng_netflow and router performance question

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 02:02:38 +0300
Alexander Motin <mav@mavhome.dp.ua> wrote:
> I think, that there is not very good hash function now used in ng_netflow
>in traffic aggregation. So if
> > ip-addr varies from 10.60.0.0 to 10.60.100.255
> means than destination address will vary in this range and all other
>parameters is remain constant then it will be worst case possible.

Thanks for your help.
With pretty random src ip (10.0.*.* - 100.*.*.*) it was
able to handle 23K pkt/s of unique flows without
packet losses and with 99,96 accuracy (both active and
inactive timeouts were set to 3 seconds for testing
purposes).

I'd like to ask about the reasonable values of
timeout parameters for a highly loaded router
to avoid records cache overruns?
There is a compile-time option CACHESIZE defined
in ng_netflow.h. Is it ok to increase it or should I
manipulate with timeout values alone?

Thanks,
Ivan