Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:38:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@world.std.com>
To:        j.telford@sympatico.ca
Cc:        FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Can Firewall prevent streaming video/audio ?

   Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 22:24:44 -0400
   From: John Telford <j.telford@sympatico.ca>

   Well known ports to you guys, this is pretty new to me, where might I find a
   list of these ports ?

It's a technical term, not just "some stuff I know."

The short answer is /etc/services, but you really ought to read a good
book on how firewalls work before you try to put one together.
Cheswick and Bellovin is superb.  You might want to bone up on how the
Internet Protocol works first, too: the Stevens books are my choice
for that, although I think Cheswick and Bellovin might contain enough
of a short-course to get by on.