Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:07:38 +0100
From:      John Murphy <jfm@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        Rob Mosley <moze@kc.rr.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Web-site

Rob Mosley <moze@kc.rr.com> wrote:

>I have a question.  I thought I found web site with an interactive
>unix/free BSD for public use as a learning tool.  I have lost it. Is
>there one available?

I haven't seen one; I'd be interested if you remember its location.

>I have windows98/00 on my computer. Im having hard
>time with download instructions.  I tried to put it on through MS-DOS
>window but ...????  nothing.  I am sure it is not that difficult.  Maybe
>I am missing something.

=46reeBSD is a whole other Operating System, a replacement for the MS OSs
you're familiar with.  As you have windows98/2000 on the computer, you're
already dual booting between these, I presume; so FreeBSD once installed
would be a third (greater :)) option from your boot manager.

The FreeBSD.org web site has detailed installation instructions at:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install.html

John.