Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 02:27:55 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        nik@iii.co.uk
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Just FYI [F00F bug]

> Could someone not have put a notice on the website, probably under the
> 'Newsflash' section?

That's an excellent idea, and if someone like yourself would like to
get into the habit of sending little blurbs *exactly* like the one
below to www@freebsd.org once a situation is well in hand enough to
make an announcement about it, that'd be great since Nate Johnson
could then do exactly that with a Newsflash entry.  I don't think that
Nate would feel comfortable with writing them himself and expecting
someone from core to do it (including myself) is unrealistic since we
tend to be too busy to even think about details like this.  I wish it
were otherwise, but I speak the simple truth here when I say that
those whom you'd expect to be the most "qualified" to make statements
like this are also the least likely to, being typically engaged in
solving, rather than reporting on, the problem.  It's an excellent
area for someone on the periphery of the project to make a
contribution if they'd care to "own" this area of FreeBSD event
reporting.  Think of it like a newspaper - Nate is your "editor" who
depends on you roving journalists to make contributions for each
week's edition. :)

					Jordan