Date:      Mon,  1 May 95 16:32:20 PDT
From:      Bart Reagan <bartr@interramp.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Freebsd & NEC cdrom

I recently obtained Freebsd 2.0 and am having some difficulty. Hopefully some light can be
shed.

I have a 486DX4/100 w/24mb ram , 2 scsi hard drives a Wangtek 5525 tape and an NEC
intersect cdr84 cd rom. The scsi controller is an Adaptec 2842. My problem is the cd rom will
lock up the scsi bus during access. This is an intermittent ( sort of) problem. I have yet to be able
to complete the entire install ( including XFree86-3.1). When the bus locks only a hard reset
will fix the problem. The cd works fine on  my Windows NT partition. Ihave tried it with the
wangtek both in and out of the configuration, no luck.

The scsi id's are 	0. DEC scsi drive 535mb
		1. Quantum 1gb
		2. none
		3. none
		4. none
		5. Wangtek (when installed)
		6. NEC Cdrom
I used all default parameters during the install.

Thank you in advance for the support.
			bart