Date:      Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:36:00 -0800
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, babkin@users.sf.net, freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GEOM for multipath? How?

On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 03:01:13PM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 10, 2005 at 02:48:15PM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> +> In message <32275093.1131627986609.JavaMail.root@vms170.mailsrvcs.net>, Sergey
> +> Babkin writes:

> +> >QLogic worked fine in multi-path configuration with UnixWare.
> +> >I think LSI and Adaptec did too. The only trick is to make sure
> +> >that the IRQs of the cards are not shared between the cards or with
> +> >any other device.
> +>
> +> I suspect it is not the card as much as the driver, but I am not sure.
>
> I was able to modify the driver in a way multipathing started to work
> (no more hanging request when path was disconnected). It was hackish,
> but worked, so I'm quite sure it's driver's fault.

Well, it is good to hear that multipathing is working in some cases.

But, and I don't mean to troll or flame, just get my job done, it sounds
like if I want MP on the production database, I should stick with the
Red Hat this time around, eh?

Hopefully I can get some infrastructure to test on sometime.  It would
be neat if MP on FreeBDS was very straightforward.  It would be neater
still if I could make some small contribution to everyone elses' efforts
to make it happen. :)

Thanks,
-danny

--