Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:56:07 -0400
From:      Mitch Collinsworth <mkc@Graphics.Cornell.EDU>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        Igor Roshchin <igor@physics.uiuc.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Complete FreeBSD

>> At the FreeBSD Mall I see that the note:
>> 		         Or, as a bundled set, you can get the book
>>                          together with the latest CDROMs! This book
>>                          is currently shipping with FreeBSD 3.1
>>
>> Is it still shipped with 3.1 or it is just not corrected,
>> and since 3.2 is out, it is shipped with that one ?
>
>The current versions are FreeBSD 3.2 and CFBSD 3rd edition.  Looks
>like the web page hasn't been updated yet.

It would be nice (I think) if freebsd-announce carried book announcements
as well as software announcements.  I was unaware there was a 3rd edition
of the book.

It would also be nice if Walnut Creek listed edition numbers on their
web pages.  Their page for the book only says "Released: 01 June 1999":

http://www.cdrom.com/titles/freebsd/bsdbook.phtml

-Mitch