Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2013 07:39:43 -0400
From:      Julio Merino <julio+host-g5-jmmv@meroh.net>
To:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   4:3 console on 19:10 screen

Hello,

I have a PowerMac attached to a 24" widescreen capable of 1920x1200@60Hz.
The graphics card is an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra (NV34).

OpenFirmware properly sets up the screen to its highest resolution and
uses the full display to show the console.

When FreeBSD powerpc64 9.1 boots, I get a 4:3 console centered on the
screen.  According to the monitor's built-in information panel, however,
the screen is properly set up to 1920x1200.  This makes me believe that
FreeBSD is correctly setting the display to its native resolution but,
for some reason, forces the console to be 4:3 (which is a 72 lines by
99 columns).

Any ideas on how to change this?  vidcontrol appears to be not working,
as the output of "vidcontrol -i mode" is non-sense (and the screen is
ats native resolution anyway!).

Thanks!