Date:      Wed, 9 Dec 1998 18:22:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Marjory <jolicom@globalserve.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: would like to know

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, Marjory wrote:

>I would like to know if freeBSD:
>- support multi boot (I have win95 an NT)

Yes.

>- supports linux binaries ? how well? (i.e. could I run Blender , wine)

Yes.

>- does it emulate windows?

It can but it is alpha quality. Look up WINE on the net.

>- what exacly are ports?

Ports are a couple things depending on who you talk to. I will tell you
that they are software packages that run on FreeBSD.

>- someone gave me freeBSD 2.2.6 should I upgrade.

You might. It's no big deal.

>-what are your X servers do you support KDE?

You have to ask XFree86 what video cards are supported. Yes KDE is
supported.

>- if I program under freeBSD will it be portable? how so?

This depends on how portable you make your program.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/